If the Xbox app is not opening or working correctly on your Windows 11/10 PC, then this put up is certain that can assist you. Several customers have reported experiencing points with the Xbox app on their computer systems. As per some customers, the Xbox app simply received’t launch, whereas many customers mentioned that the app is not working because it ought to. Users are having bother whereas launching a recreation or utilizing a particular perform within the app.
Now, quite a lot of elements may be liable for why you’ll be able to’t open your Xbox app on Windows 11/10. It can occur in case your Windows OS or the Xbox app is outdated. Also, if there may be some corrupted information within the app, it’d trigger points in opening the app or interrupt Xbox’s working. Besides that, incorrect date & time settings, points with Xbox providers, corrupted Store cache, Xbox server points, and so forth., may result in this downside.
If you’re additionally experiencing the identical downside the place the Xbox app is not launching or performing accurately, this information will assist you to out. You can use the talked about fixes and troubleshoot points associated to the working of your Xbox app.
Xbox app not opening or working on Windows 11/10
Here are the strategies you need to use if the Xbox app is not opening or working on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Check if Xbox servers are down.
- Set the right date & time on your PC.
- Change your area.
- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
- Update Windows to its newest construct.
- Restart Xbox Gaming Services.
- Clear Microsoft Store Cache.
- Turn off your VPN.
- Update the Xbox app.
- Repair or Reset your Xbox app.
1] Check if Xbox servers are down
First of all, examine the server standing of Xbox providers and ensure the providers are not down. Just open the Xbox Status web page in your net browser and see whether or not or not all Xbox providers are up and working. If Xbox is dealing with an outage or there may be some upkeep work going on, the Xbox app or its sure options received’t work correctly on your PC. Hence, be sure that the Xbox providers are not down in the mean time. However, if there isn’t any server difficulty on the finish of Xbox, transfer on to the following repair to resolve the difficulty.
2] Set the right date & time on your PC
This downside can happen when you have set an incorrect date and time on your system. As we all know, the fallacious time settings set off varied points with default apps like Xbox. Hence, it’s essential to be sure that the right date and time are set on your laptop. Here are the steps to do this:
- First, press Win+I to launch the Settings app and navigate to the Time & language tab.
- After that, faucet on the Date & time choice current on the right-side panel.
- Next, you will note two choices referred to as Set time mechanically and Set time zone mechanically; allow the toggles related to these choices.
- Now, strive opening the Xbox app and see if the issue is resolved or not.
If you could have set the right date and time however the issue continues to be the identical, transfer on to the following repair.
See: Xbox Game bar is not working or opening in Windows 11/10.
3] Change your area
Try altering your area after which examine for those who can launch the Xbox app correctly or not. Some affected customers had been in a position to run the app correctly after altering their areas. Hence, you’ll be able to strive doing the identical and see if it really works. Follow the under steps to vary your area on Windows 11/10:
- First, open the Settings app and click on on the Time & language tab.
- Now, faucet on the Language & area choice, and from the Country or area drop-down choices, select a distinct area than the present one.
- After that, open Xbox and see if it really works superb or not.
4] Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
In many instances, Windows inbuilt troubleshooters assist in eliminating varied points on your PC. You can strive working the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter to repair the issues related to the Xbox app. Here are the steps to do this:
- Firstly, launch the Settings app and click on on the System > Troubleshoot choice.
- Now, press the Other troubleshooters choice and find the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter underneath the Others part.
- After that, click on on the Run button obtainable for the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It will deal with the problems associated to Microsoft Store and its apps, after which apply an appropriate repair to resolve the problems.
- Once completed, open the Xbox app and examine if it launches and works accurately or not.
If the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter fails to resolve the issue, there should be some underlying purpose for the difficulty at hand. So, you’ll be able to apply another repair to resolve it.
Read: Fix Xbox Live error 121010 whereas taking part in Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
5] Update Windows to its newest construct
If you wish to keep away from points along with your Microsoft Store apps and different software program, it’s endorsed to maintain your OS up-to-date. Microsoft retains launching new Windows updates to repair present points, enhance utility stability, and improve the general efficiency of your laptop. So, set up all pending Windows updates by launching Settings, navigating to Windows Updates, and urgent the Check for updates button. Once Windows is up to date, it is best to not face this difficulty. If you do, transfer on to the following repair.
6] Restart Xbox Gaming Services
The Xbox Gaming Services on your system could be caught in a limbo state which is why the Xbox would possibly not be working correctly. Hence, it’s endorsed to restart the Services associated to Xbox after which examine if the issue is resolved. Here are steps to do this:
- First, sort “Services” within the Start menu search field after which click on on the Services app.
- In the Services window, find Gaming Services, right-click on it, and choose the Restart choice.
- Next, right-click on Gaming Services and press the Properties choice.
- After that, within the Properties window, set the Startup sort choice to Automatic.
- Now, repeat steps (2), (3), and (4) for Xbox Accessory Management, Xbox Live Auth Manager, and different Xbox-related providers.
- Finally, you’ll be able to strive launching the Xbox app and see if it really works accurately or not.
See: Fix Xbox app Error code 0x80040154 on Windows
7] Clear Microsoft Store Cache
The “Xbox app not opening or working” downside may very effectively be facilitated attributable to a corrupted Microsoft Store cache. Hence, if the state of affairs is relevant, reset the Microsoft Store cache and examine if the issue is gone or not.
To clear the Microsoft Store cache, you’ll be able to comply with the under steps:
- First, sort WSReset within the Start menu search field.
- Now, click on on the WSReset command to run it. It will then clear all of the cache related to Microsoft Store.
- You can now strive launching the Xbox app and examine if it really works superb or not.
8] Turn off your VPN
If you’re utilizing a VPN to run some region-restricted Xbox providers like PC Game Pass, Cloud gaming, and so forth., it’s doable the app would possibly not open or run correctly. Hence, you may be required to disable VPN to repair the issue. Do that and see if the difficulty is resolved.
Read: Xbox app not downloading or putting in on Windows PC
9] Update the Xbox app
In case your Xbox app is outdated, you’re prone to expertise efficiency points with the app. With new updates, earlier bugs and points are mounted, and new functionalities are added to the app. Hence. replace your app straight away after which examine if the issue is mounted or not.
You can replace the Xbox app like every other Microsoft Store app. Open your Microsoft Store and go to the Library tab from the left-side pane. Now, click on on the Get updates button and let Microsoft Store replace all of your outdated Store apps. Once completed, you’ll be able to strive opening the Xbox app and see if the issue is resolved.
Read: Xbox App sign-in error (0x409) 0x80070422 on Windows PC.
10] Repair or Reset your Xbox app
If the above options didn’t work, it’s doable that there’s some corruption within the app which is why it’s not opening or working. Hence, if the state of affairs is relevant, you’ll be able to restore or reset the Xbox app after which launch it to examine if the problems are resolved or not. You can comply with the under steps to do this:
- First, launch the Settings app utilizing the Win+I key mixture and transfer to the Apps tab.
- After that, click on on the Installed apps choice, scroll all the way down to the Xbox app, and faucet on the three-dot menu button linked with it.
- Now, choose Advanced choices and on the following web page, navigate to the Reset part.
- Next, press the Repair button and let Windows restore the Xbox app.
- When completed, restart your laptop and take a look at opening the Xbox app to see if the issue is resolved or not.
- If it does not assist, use the Reset choice.
See: Fix Xbox app gradual obtain speeds in Windows
Does Xbox app work on Windows 11?
Yes, the Xbox app works on the newest Windows 11 and comes preinstalled in it. This app converts your laptop into Xbox One console and allows you to play your video games effortlessly. It permits you to obtain or buy the video games obtainable for Xbox One consoles on your PC and play them and not using a console. In case the app is lacking out of your laptop, you’ll be able to set up it from Microsoft Store.
How do you repair This app can’t be opened in Windows 11?
To repair the “This app can’t open” error on Windows 11, guarantee that the problematic app is not blocked on your laptop utilizing Group Policy and Registry Editor. Apart from that, allow User Account Control (UAC), run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, reset your app, clear Microsoft Store Cache, carry out SFC and DISM scans, or reinstall the app to repair the error. If nothing fixes this error for you, contemplate resetting your PC.
Now learn: Fix Error Code 0x80242020 in Microsoft Store or Xbox App.