Some customers have come throughout the error message Windows cannot find ‘wt.exe’. Ensure you typed the title accurately, after which attempt once more. The issue is principally widespread amongst Windows 11 customers, however there are a few instances from the Windows 10 facet as nicely. The error message signifies that the related file is not discovered or has been corrupted for some purpose. Fear not if you’re additionally dealing with the identical error pop-up; we obtained you coated. This submit options completely different options you may attempt to repair the talked about error message.
What causes Windows cannot find wt.exe error message?
Customers come throughout the talked about error whereas downloading the Windows replace, particularly upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10. It primarily happens in the course of the set up course of, and the principle purpose is that Windows Terminal or Windows OS information have been corrupted for some purpose.
Windows cannot find wt.exe; Windows Terminal not opening
For those who see the error popup Windows cannot find wt.exe; listed below are some strategies to repair this Windows Terminal concern:
- Carry out an SFC scan
- Change this Windows Terminal setting
- Restore or Reset Windows Terminal app
- Reinstall Windows Terminal
Now let’s check out all of the efficient options intimately.
1] Carry out an SFC scan
The very first thing you may attempt is to run an SFC scan. System File Checker or sfc.exe is used to scan and restore corrupted Windows system information. And as talked about, the issue could be prompted resulting from corrupted system information; performing an SFC could be an excellent resolution within the scenario. Right here’s the way it’s executed.
- Open the Begin Menu by urgent the Windows key.
- Within the search bar, sort cmd and press the enter key.
- From the end result, right-click on cmd and choose Run as administrator possibility.
- Within the Command Immediate window that pops up, sort sfc /scannow and press the enter key.
Now, the instructions will take a number of seconds to execute. And if any corruption is discovered, it is going to be changed upon reboot. Test if it solves the issue or not. If not, attempt the following resolution on the checklist.
See: Repair msedgewebview2.exe has stopped working
2] Change this Windows Terminal setting
One other factor that causes the issue is that this setting. Listed here are the modifications it is advisable to make to unravel the issue.
- Open the Settings window by urgent the Windows + I shortcut key.
- Click on on Apps current on the left panel of the display.
- Select Apps & options.
- Click on on the drop-down icon current subsequent to Extra settings.
- Select App execution aliases.
- Find the Windows Terminal and toggle off the choice; it was on.
- Toggle the choice on once more.
- Now, exit the window.
- Open the Run dialogue field by urgent the Windows + R shortcut key.
- Navigate to the beneath talked about location.
Test in the event you can see wt.exe there or not. If not, attempt the following resolution on the checklist.
Learn: Add Open Windows Terminal as an administrator within the Context Menu
3] Restore or Reset Windows Terminal app
You might take into account repairing or resetting Windows Terminal as follows:
- Open Settings
- Open Apps
- Find Windows Terminal
- Choose Superior choices
- Press Restore or Reset button.
4] Reinstall Windows Terminal
Reinstalling the Windows Terminal is one other efficient resolution within the scenario. However be sure you are following this step if not one of the above-mentioned options had been useful. Right here’s the way it’s executed.
- Open the Microsoft Retailer in your system and seek for Windows Terminal.
- Open the official app and click on on the Get button.
- Wait till the set up course of is full; as soon as executed, restarts your system.
Now verify if the issue is mounted.
How do I reset Windows Terminal settings to default?
To reset Windows Terminal settings, first off, open Windows Terminal, and entry the Settings web page. Now, open the Settings file of Windows Terminal, and delete all its content material. That’s it, now save the settings file, and re-launch the Windows Terminal.
Learn Subsequent: Add Open Windows Terminal to open ANY Profile in Context Menu
How do I open Windows Terminal as an administrator?
It’s very simple to open Windows Terminal as an administrator. First off, press Win + X to open the management middle. Choose Windows Terminal (admin) from the checklist. Alternatively, you may go along with: Begin menu > Windows Terminal > Run as an administrator.