If you discover that your Windows 11/10 PC reverts to an previous or default wallpaper after a reboot, then this put up could possibly allow you to. This often occurs solely after a restart of their pc from a shutdown and isn’t affected by the Sleep or Hibernation choices. In this put up, we’ll see what you are able to do in case your Wallpaper changes automatically after a restart on a Windows pc.
Fix Wallpaper changes automatically after restart in Windows 11/10
If your Desktop Wallpaper changes automatically after a restart in your Windows pc, observe the solutions talked about under.
- Delete Slideshow.ini & TranscodedWallpaper and alter the picture in CachedFiles
- Check if the Theme sync setting s enabled
- Check in Clean Boot
- Configure Power Options
- Perform System Restore
Let us discuss them in element.
1] Delete Slideshow.ini & TranscodedWallpaper and alter the picture in CachedFiles
There are two information, Slideshow.ini & TranscodedWallpaper, that could possibly be corrupted and are due to this fact inflicting this difficulty. Delete these two information and permit Windows to recreate them. To do the identical, observe these steps.
- Open File Explorer by Win + E.
- Click on View > Show > Hidden objects.
- Navigate to the next location.
- Open Slideshow.ini, clear all its content material, and save the file.
- Then, delete the TranscodedWallpaper file.
- Open CachedFiles after which change the picture in that folder.
Once you’ve made all of the changes, restart your pc and test if the difficulty is resolved.
2] Check if the Theme sync setting is enabled
The setting to allow or disable Windows Sync settings is discovered at:
- Windows 11: Press Windows + I to open Settings > Navigate to Accounts and click on it. > Click on Windows backup and toggle on the slider in entrance of Remember my preferences.
- Windows 10: Open Personalize > Personalize > Themes > Sync your settings
It’s really helpful that you simply restart your PC after turning on this perform.
3] Check in Clean Boot
You may additionally encounter the stated difficulty if there’s a third-party software interfering with the traditional Windows processes and altering the wallpaper again to what it was earlier than. In that case, it is advisable to carry out Clean Boot after which see if the wallpaper has received modified. If it has not, then some 3d-party course of is inflicting this difficulty. You have to manually disable processes to seek out out which app is inflicting this difficulty.
Sometimes, grasp management software program, the one which comes preinstalled together with your pc, may cause this difficulty. Once you realize which app is the perpetrator, both disable or uninstall the app and you can be good to go.
4] Configure Power Options
Next up, we have to configure the Power Options from the Control Panel to eliminate the difficulty. You have to pause the slideshow to cease the wallpaper from altering automatically. To make these changes, observe the prescribed steps.
- Open Control Panel.
- Set View by to Large icons.
- Click on Power Options.
- Then, click on on Change plan settings related to the plan that you’ve chosen.
- Select Change superior energy settings.
- Expand Display background settings > Slideshow.
- Change each On battery and Plugged in to Paused.
After making these changes, restart your pc and test if the difficulty is resolved.
5] Perform System Restore
If you’ve a System Restore level, then this may be the fitting time to deploy it. There is a risk that due to some misconfiguration your wallpaper is altering automatically. In that case, we have to deploy System Restore to resolve the difficulty. To do the identical, observe these steps.
- Hit Win + S, sort “System Restore Point” and hit Enter.
- Click on System Restore.
- Select a System Restore level and click on Next.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the method.
We hope that after following these options you’ll be able to apply whichever Wallpaper you need with out it getting modified automatically.
Read: Windows desktop background changes by itself automatically
Why does my Windows 11 wallpaper preserve altering?
If your wallpaper retains on altering, to start with, test in case your desktop background is ready to Slideshow. To do the identical, it is advisable to go to Personalization > Background > Personalize your background and choose the Slideshow from the drop-down menu. In case, Slideshow was not enabled however the wallpaper remains to be altering automatically, try the options talked about in this put up to resolve the difficulty.
How do I cease my desktop background from altering in Windows 11?
If you might be fed up with different customers altering the desktop background and need to cease them from doing the identical, To forestall this from taking place, we have to configure the Desktop Wallpaper coverage, create a registry, or use Windows Settings. If you need to use any of the strategies, test our put up on find out how to forestall customers from altering the desktop background.
Also Read: Theme retains altering in Windows 11/10.