Microsoft Acess is a database administration system developed by Microsoft Corporation and this database comes with Microsoft 365 workplace suite. It provides Microsoft’s relational Jet Database Engine with software program improvement instruments and a Graphic User Interface (GUI). Enterprise customers, use this software program to handle information and analyze huge quantities of information effectively. If Microsoft Access is not responding if you attempt to entry the shared database on Windows computer systems, this text is for you.
Fix Microsoft Access is not responding
There are many causes for this stated error and we will resolve this error through the use of totally different strategies. Mostly, MS Access gained’t reply if you’re utilizing a corrupted add-in. There are another causes, akin to conflicting third-party apps, viruses, and malware, and corrupted MS Office. We will speak about every considered one of them hereinafter.
If Microsoft Access is not responding in your laptop then use the next prescribed options to repair this error.
- Start Microsoft Access in Safe Mode
- Open Microsoft Access in a clear boot
- Check your system for virus
- Repair Office Repair to restore Access.
Let’s repair this error through the use of these strategies.
1] Start Microsoft Access in Safe Mode
If Microsoft Access is not working, there is a excessive risk that among the mods, add-ins, and extensions are corrupted. Opening the app in Safe Mode will permit Access to open with none of them.
Follow the prescribed answer to run Access in secure mode.
- To open a Run dialog field, Press the Windows + R
- Type “msaccess/secure“ in Run and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run the command with admin entry.
- When prompted, click on Yes to proceed.
- After operating Microsoft Access in secure mode now it is best to run the entry question to verify whether or not the issue is fastened or not.
Here you’ve checked that Microsoft Access is opening in secure mode means the issue is coming on account of add-ins. In order to determine open MS Access in regular mode and go to File > Options > Add-Ins > COM Add-ins. Now, take away these extensions one after the other to seek out out which one is inflicting the problem.
2] Open Microsoft Access in a clear boot
We can use Clean Boot approach to determine the applying or service inflicting a difficulty. It is usually used when third-party merchandise trigger software program conflicts. Running a clear boot will assist in the straightforward start-up of your system with important recordsdata and packages. To run Clean Boot, comply with the prescribed steps.
- Press Windows + R key.
- Write msconfig within the Run dialog field and click on Ok, this can load the system configuration.
- Here, click on on the Service tab and verify the choice Hide All Microsoft service and click on on Disable All > Apply, after which click on on OK.
- It will immediate you to restart, choose Restart.
Once the Windows boots up, open Microsoft Access and see if the problem persists. If the MS Access launches with none error, allow companies manually to bump into the wrongdoer. as soon as which app was triggering this error, go forward and take away it.
3] Check your system for virus
The stated error might happen when you’ve got the virus in your system. If utilizing the above two strategies did not resolve your difficulty then it is best to verify if the system internet hosting Microsoft Access is not affected by viruses. You can scan your system for viruses through the use of any of the talked about free anti-virus software program or Windows Defender.
Once the safety scan is accomplished, delete all of the contaminated recordsdata. After scanning and eradicating the virus from the system, reboot the system and verify if the Microsoft Access is now resolved. If the problem was on account of some virus, this answer will resolve it.
4] Run Office Repair to restore Access
In case, there was no virus, no corrupted extension, or conflicting app, it is very probably that your difficulty is a results of corrupted MS Office or Microsoft 365. Since, Microsoft Access is part of MS Office or Microsoft 365, corruption or a difficulty within the service can lead to this sort of difficulty. Microsoft is effectively conscious of this conundrum and has included an choice to restore Microsoft 365 or Office. All you want is to comply with the prescribed steps and you can be good to go.
- Open Control Panel by looking it out of the Start Menu.
- Go to Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Right-click on Microsoft 365 or Office (it might have a unique identify relying on the model you might be utilizing) and choose Change (or Modify).
- You will get two choices, both choose Quick Repair or Online Repair after which click on on Repair.
- Finally, comply with the on-screen directions to finish the method.
Hopefully, after utilizing this methodology the stated error can be resolved.
Read: Fix Microsoft Word is not responding error.