If your Logitech keyboard is not working in Windows 11/10 laptop, the options supplied in this text will assist you resolve the issue. A keyboard stops working attributable to a number of causes, like corrupted or outdated keyboard drivers, unresponsive USB ports, drained-out batteries (in the case of a Bluetooth keyboard), and so on.
Logitech keyboard not working in Windows 11/10
If the Logitech keyboard is not working in your Windows 11/10 laptop, use the next options to repair the issue. But earlier than you proceed, we suggest you do some fundamentals checks:
- Restart your laptop and see if it helps.
- Connect your USB Logitech keyboard to a different USB port.
- If you might be utilizing a Bluetooth Logitech keyboard, verify its batteries. Maybe its batteries are drained out. Replace the batteries of your Bluetooth keyboard and see if it really works.
- Check for Windows Updates.
- Make certain that your Bluetooth keyboard is in vary. Move it nearer to your laptop computer or the USB receiver.
- Connect your USB keyboard on to your system as a substitute of connecting it to the USB hub. See if it helps.
Now, you’ll be able to transfer forward and use the next options:
- Run applicable troubleshooters
- Connect your keyboard to a unique laptop
- Roll Back Logitech keyboard driver
- Uninstall and reinstall the Logitech keyboard driver
- Disable and re-enable Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
- Remove and add your Bluetooth keyboard
- Disable the Selective Suspend function
Let’s see all these fixes in element.
1] Run applicable troubleshooters
Troubleshooters are built-in automated instruments in Windows computer systems that assist you resolve issues (if potential). To repair totally different points, Microsoft has developed totally different troubleshooters. We recommend you run the next troubleshooters and see in case your keyboard begins working once more or not:
- Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
- Keyboard Troubleshooter
- Bluetooth Troubleshooter
The Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter is lacking in Windows 11/10 Settings. But you’ll be able to run it by executing a command in the Command Prompt.
To run Bluetooth Troubleshooter, comply with the steps supplied beneath:
- Open Windows 11/10 Settings.
- Go to “System > Troubleshoot.”
- Click Other troubleshooters. In Windows 10, you must click on on Additional troubleshooters.
- Locate Bluetooth and click on Run.
2] Connect your keyboard to a unique laptop
If the troubleshooters fail to repair your drawback, the subsequent step is to verify in case your keyboard is broken or not. To achieve this, join it with one other laptop computer or laptop. You can use your buddy’s system for this function. If your keyboard works positive on one other laptop, there could be a difficulty together with your USB port. If that is your Bluetooth keyboard, you must strive some extra troubleshooting strategies defined beneath.
To verify in case your laptop’s USB ports are working or not, join one other USB system to it. If that system works, the difficulty is not related together with your USB ports. Hence, you must strive one thing else to repair the issue. Another technique to verify your USB ports is to verify the output energy of USB ports. If the USB ports are not supplying output energy, it is advisable to take your laptop to the service middle to get it repaired.
3] Roll Back Logitech keyboard driver
Device drivers are additionally up to date together with the Windows Update, supplied the producer releases an replace for the drivers. If your Logitech keyboard driver was up to date, you’ll be able to roll again to its earlier model by way of the Device Manager. If that is not the case, you will see that the Roll Back possibility greyed out in the Device Manager.
4] Uninstall and reinstall the Logitech keyboard driver
If the Roll Back possibility is not out there or if rolling again the Logitech keyboard driver does not work, your keyboard driver may need been damaged or corrupted. In this case, it is advisable to uninstall and reinstall your keyboard driver. Go by means of the next directions:
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Keyboards department.
- Right-click in your Logitech keyboard driver and choose Uninstall system. Follow the on-screen directions to uninstall the motive force.
- Visit Logitech’s official website and obtain your keyboard driver from there. Because your keyboard is not working, you’ll not be capable to kind your keyboard’s mannequin identify or quantity. In this example, you should use the On-screen keyboard.
- Double-click on the downloaded driver file to reinstall the keyboard driver.
If the motive force is downloaded as an INF file, you must use the Device Manager to put in driver file with the .INF extension.
5] Disable and re-enable Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator permits the Windows working system to connect with the Bluetooth units. If you disable it in the Device Manager, you’ll not be capable to use or join your Bluetooth units. If you expertise points together with your Bluetooth units, disabling and re-enabling the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator could assist. Follow the steps written beneath:
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Bluetooth node.
- Right-click on Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and choose Disable system.
- All your Bluetooth units linked to your system will cease working after disabling Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. Wait for a number of seconds and right-click on it once more. Select Enable system.
Read: Laptop keyboard not typing and working
6] Remove and add your Bluetooth keyboard
If your Logitech Bluetooth keyboard remains to be not working, take away it out of your system and add it once more. To take away your Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, open Windows 11/10 Settings and go to Bluetooth & units. Select your Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and click on Remove system.
Restart your laptop and add your Logitech Bluetooth system once more.
Read: Backlit keyboard not working or turning on in Windows
7] Disable the Selective Suspend function
This resolution is for Logitech USB keyboard customers. Selective Suspend is a function in Windows 11/10 that forces a USB system to enter a low energy state. When Windows detects no bus exercise on a USB port for a while, it suspends that USB port. When a USB port is suspended by Windows, the linked USB system does not work. When you begin utilizing that USB system, Windows prompts that USB port once more. The function of the Selective Suspend function is to save lots of energy.
Sometimes, Windows is not in a position to activate the suspended USB port once more. In this case, the USB system linked to that USB port does not work. If your Logitech keyboard does not work by connecting it to a selected USB port, both that exact USB port is broken or the Selective Suspend function is inflicting the issue.
We recommend you disable the Selective Suspend function and see if it helps. Do notice that this motion will have an effect on all of your USB ports and all of your USB units will constantly use energy as a result of Windows will not be capable to droop the inactive USB units briefly.
If you disable the Selective Suspend by way of Windows Registry, create a System Restore Point and again up your Registry earlier than continuing.
Read: Keyboard not working when taking part in video games on PC
How do I repair my Logitech keyboard not working?
If your Logitech keyboard is not working, first, carry out some primary checks, like connecting it to a different USB port, changing the batteries (if it’s a Bluetooth keyboard), connecting it to your system’s USB port as a substitute of the USB hub, and so on. If this does not work, the issue could also be related together with your keyboard drivers. Update or reinstall your keyboard drivers and see if it helps. You may also use the options supplied in this text to resolve the issue.
Why is the wi-fi Logitech keyboard not working?
There might be many explanation why a wi-fi Logitech keyboard is not working, like drained-out batteries, corrupted Bluetooth and keyboard drivers, the keyboard not in vary, defective USB ports, and so on. If the batteries are previous, there’s a excessive chance that they’re drained out. Replace your wi-fi keyboard’s batteries and see if it helps.
If you might have linked the Logitech keyboard by way of Logitech Unifying Receiver, it’s potential that Windows is not detecting the Logitech Unifying Receiver or the Logitech Unifying Receiver is not working.
I hope this helps.