Some players are reportedly having points with their gamepads just like the Xbox controller received’t join to the PC by way of Bluetooth after updating the Xbox controller firmware. In this submit, we’ll present you how to rollback, revert or downgrade Xbox Controller firmware update on a PC or Xbox console.
How to rollback Xbox Controller firmware update
Generally, controller firmware refers to this system code that permits the controller to carry out all of the automation duties required by the gaming system it operates. A brand new firmware update for a controller gives new options and comes with fixes and updates that ship efficiency enhancements.
If your controller is having Bluetooth-related points after a firmware update, you’ll be able to select to revert your controller to an earlier firmware model to appropriate the issue. You ought to solely revert your controller firmware in case your controller is having frequent issues with connections to non-Xbox units. You can simply roll again Xbox Controller firmware update in both of two methods by way of PC or Console.
Let’s see the steps concerned regarding every of the strategy. Keep in thoughts that the choice to revert the firmware is probably not obtainable for some older mannequin controllers.
Rollback Xbox Controller firmware update on PC
Before you strive the process, ensure you’re working the newest Windows model/construct in your laptop and update the Bluetooth driver and Xbox controller driver by way of Device Manager in your PC and see if that helps. To update the Xbox controller driver by way of Device Manager in your PC, do the next:
- Make certain your Xbox controller is linked to the PC.
- Press the Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog field, kind devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager. Alternatively. press the Windows key + X to open the Power User Menu, after which faucet the M key on the keyboard.
- In Device Manager, scroll down by way of the listing of put in units and click on to develop the Xbox Peripherals part on the backside of the window.
- Now, right-click on the Microsoft Xbox Controller entry.
- Click the Update driver software program possibility from the context menu.
- Choose Browse my laptop for driver software program.
- Click Let me decide from an inventory of drivers.
- Choose the motive force named Microsoft Xbox Controller.
- Click the Next button to set up the motive force.
Once the motive force set up completes the problem needs to be solved and also you received’t want to roll again the Xbox controller firmware update. However, in the event you’re nonetheless having points along with your controller in your PC or different non-Xbox units, you’ll be able to proceed with the directions under to roll again the Xbox Controller firmware update on PC.
- On your Windows system, ensure the Xbox Accessories app is put in. The app is out there at aka.ms/xboxaccessoriesupdateapp in the event you don’t have it.
- Next, press the Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
- Next, copy and paste the hyperlink under into the File Explorer handle bar and hit Enter.
- This will open the controller firmware reversion display screen within the Xbox Accessories app in your system. Alternatively, you’ll be able to open the Run dialog field and paste within the hyperlink above, and hit Enter.
- Follow the directions to revert the firmware.
Rollback Xbox Controller firmware update on Console
To rollback Xbox Controller firmware update on Xbox console, comply with these steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the information.
- Navigate to Profile & system > Xbox Assist > Get Help > Help matters > Console & equipment > Controller.
- On the fitting aspect, underneath the My controller has connection points after the final update, choose Check controller firmware to open the controller firmware reversion display screen within the Xbox Accessories app.
- Follow the directions within the app.
Now learn: Xbox Accessories app caught at 0% Applying update on Controller
What firmware model ought to my Xbox controller be?
You ought to at all times guarantee your Xbox controller firmware model is the newest. The newest Xbox controller system firmware every time obtainable in your console or Windows PC, often contains fixes and updates that ship efficiency enhancements to Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth help, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, and the Xbox Adaptive Controllers.
Is Xbox or PS5 controller higher?
To begin with, Xbox controllers don’t have movement sensors, so there’s no approach of implementing gyro aiming with the present Xbox controller design. The present verdict is that for contemporary options, the PS5 DualSense is the most suitable choice, however for versatility and battery life, nothing is best than the Xbox Gamepad. However, all of it comes down to consumer choice and there’s no clear winner right here.
Read: Windows not detecting PS5 Controller.