Discord is a VoIP and messaging platform that provides customers the flexibility to talk utilizing video and voice calls utilizing servers. The platform is quite common amongst players and has gained large reputation in a quick interval. However, just lately customers have been complaining concerning the red dot on the Discord icon within the taskbar. This put up exhibits how to remove it.
Why is there a red circle on my Discord icon?
If the Discord software window is open within the background and somebody messages you, the red icon alerts the consumer about acquired messages and notifications. It could be very simple to remove the red circle from the Discord icon.
How to remove the red dot on the Discord icon?
The red dot icon signifies unread notifications on Discord. Turning off all of the discord notifications will help remove it. However, you can too observe these strategies to do away with the red dot icon on Discord:
- Turn Off Discord Notification
- Mark all Notifications as learn on the Server
- Change Your Discord Account Status
1] Turn Off Discord Notification
The red dot on Discord icon might be disabled by turning off notifications. Here is how you are able to do it:
- Open Discord and click on on the Gear icon to open User Settings.
- Now navigate to the Notifications tab and switch off the toggle change beside Enable unread message badge.
2] Mark all Notifications as learn on the Server
Discord servers are locations the place folks collect to chat about video games or use voice channels to discuss with associates as they play. Unread notifications from these servers may present a red dot on the Discord icon. Marking all these notifications as learn can remove the red dot from the Discord icon on the taskbar. Here’s how:
- Open Discord and navigate to the Server.
- Right-click on the server and click on on Mark as learn.
- Doing so will mark all of the notifications as learn and remove the red dot icon.
3] Change Your Discord Account Status
The Discord Account Status exhibits if a consumer is presently on-line, idle, or in don’t disturb mode. By setting the standing to don’t disturb, you’ll be able to remove the red dot icon. As a end result, you’ll hold receiving messages, however Discord gained’t notify you. Here is how:
- Open Discord and click on on your account title on the backside within the left pane.
- Navigate to your standing and choose Do Not Disturb.
Read: How to cease Discord from reducing app quantity on Windows.