Some homeowners of the Microsoft Surface Go machine have been experiencing an issue that’s inflicting them to go insane. You see, at any time when the Surface Go pc is turned on, simply seconds after the Microsoft Logo comes on the display screen, a message seems that states: “No bootable device“.
The question is, what is going on here, and can it be rectified? Well, from our extensive experience, this particular issue may require us to discuss more than a single solution to get things under control. You will then need to test each to see which one turns out to be the correct solution for your particular issue.
How to fix the No Bootable Device error
Fixing issues that cause the No Bootable Device error is easy. Simply follow the steps laid out below, and you’ll be fine:
- Connect the power supply to Surface Go
- Format USB stick
- Download the USB solution file
- Paste files to the USB stick
- Insert USB into Surface Go
1] Connect the power supply to Surface Go
The first solution here which is known to work is all about using a USB drive to set things right again. Now, before you begin, please disconnect all USB drives, SD cards, USB accessories, external monitors, and Type Cover from your Surface Go.
Once that is done, you must connect the power supply to the wall outlet and connect it to the Surface Go for 15 minutes at least. We suggest always using the original power supply that came with the product.
2] Format the USB stick
OK, so to fix this problem with a USB stick, you must ensure the stick has at least 8GB of storage space.
Furthermore, it should be formatted in FAT32 over all other options.
- Go to This PC, then right-click on the USB stick icon.
- Select the Format option from the context menu.
- Before formatting, ensure FAT32 is selected, then move forward.
3] Download the USB solution file
Next, please go ahead and download the USB solution .zip file from the Microsoft website to your Surface Go computer.
You should not download the file directly to the USB, so keep that in mind.
4] Paste files to the USB stick
Go ahead and open the SurfaceGo_FixNoBootableDevice.zip folder from the file you just downloaded.
Select all files and folders from the inside, then copy and paste them to the USB stick you formatted previously.
If everything goes according to plan, you should now have 38 folders and 2 files located on the USB drive.
5] Insert USB into Surface Go
The next step to take here is to insert the USB drive into the Surface Go USB-C port.
- Press and hold the volume-down button located on your device.
- While you’re doing this, please press and release the power button promptly.
- Right away the Microsoft Logo will appear on your screen.
- Do not release the volume down button at no time.
- Wait for the message that reads: “Please wait while we install a system update” earlier than releasing the quantity button.
- The Surface Go display screen will go clean for a short interval, then the next message will seem once more: “Please wait while we install a system update”.
- You will know the method is finished when the Surface Go restarts.
- Remove the USB drive from the pc, and that’s it.
READ: Fix Surface Go points utilizing USB Recovery Disk
Is Surface Go the identical as Surface Pro?
Both gadgets are powered by a model of Windows, however they aren’t the identical. For instance, the Surface Go is underpowered when put next to the Surface Pro, and it’s extra reasonably priced. When we take a look at the Surface Go, we see a tool designed for on a regular basis shopping, whereas the Pro is for professionals.
Can the Surface Go use a pen?
Yes, it’s attainable to use a pen with the Surface Go, and the pen in query is known as the Surface Pen. If you need to make the most of the title performance, then fear not as a result of all variations of the Surface Go assist this.