Today, we will likely be discussing how one can disable tabs from File Explorer on Windows 11. Windows 11 2022 is a small overhaul and introduced to Windows PCs a brand new File Explorer. The new File Explorer permits you to view folders and drive places as Tabs, the identical approach we open browser tabs on the web. If for some cause you need to disable Tabs in File Explorer, observe this tutorial.
How to disable tabs in File Explorer on Windows 11?
For this tutorial, we will likely be utilizing an open-source instrument on GitHub referred to as ViveTool, since there are not any devoted settings supplied by Microsoft to disable Explorer tabs. ViveTool is a command-line-based utility that’s typically used to get a preview of experimental options on Windows. Here’s how you need to use it to do away with the tabbed File Explorer.
- Open the ViveTool app’s official web page on Github.com
- You’ll discover ViveTool’s newest model (v0.3.2). Click on the “ViVeTool-v0.3.2.zip” app to obtain it
- Extract it in File Explorer to get the ViVeTool.exe file. Double-tap on it to set up it
- Since the app is from an unrecognized writer, Windows confirms if you need to run this app. Click on ‘Run anyway’ to proceed
- Now, seek for the Command Prompt and click on to run it as administrator
- Copy the situation/path the place you’ve gotten saved the extracted ViveTool app file and enter it utilizing the Command Prompt. Type ‘cd’ adopted by the File Explorer path. For instance:
- Copy and paste the next instructions one after the opposite and run them
vivetool /disable /id:37634385 vivetool /disable /id:36354489
- Once they’ve run efficiently, shut the Command Prompt window and restart your pc.
After the PC has booted up, it’s best to see that the tabs on your File Explorer have been disabled. If these settings adjustments don’t sit proper with you and also you need to return to how the File Explorer appeared, you’ll be able to simply run the identical instructions as talked about after step 7, and exchange ‘/disable’ with ‘/enable’.
Read: File Explorer not highlighting chosen information and folders
Does Windows 11 Explorer have tabs?
With the brand new 22H2 model replace rolled out to Windows 11 PCs globally, we noticed modifications to the Taskbar, File Explorer and a number of other different areas. Very notable was the addition of Tabs to the File Explorer window. These tabs are meant to assist customers arrange information correctly and change amongst folders with ease. These tabs are the equal of browser tabs to your File Explorer. With them, you’ll be able to simply open a number of folders and change between them as you do with accounts on a browser.
How do I organize tabs in Windows 11?
The newly launched File Explorer tabs are a approach to enhance the general expertise of utilizing File Explorer. Since they’re the equal of browser tabs for File Explorer, the method of rearranging File Explorer tabs is similar as it’s with browser tabs. All you’ve gotten to do is right-click on the tabs on the high and drag them to the aspect you need to place them in.
We hope that you just discover this useful.