This tutorial exhibits how to flip off or disable GeForce Experience in-game overlay. In addition to that, we may also present you how one can disable in-game overlay notification, Instant Replay characteristic, and Instant Replay overlay icon within the NVIDIA GeForce Experience utility. While these options are fairly helpful for positive, typically, in the event you don’t want such options otherwise you expertise any hassle or issue, then you possibly can disable in-game overlay and different choices at your comfort. Before doing that, let’s have some extra details about the in-game overlay.
What is GeForce Experience in-game overlay?
In-game overlay (also called overlay) is part of the GeForce Experience utility. You can obtain the GeForce Experience app from nvidia.com and set up it if you would like to use it. Now, when this app is operating or enabled, you need to use the in-game overlay toolbar to entry and use the options (together with ShadowPlay options) like Instant Replay, Broadcast, Record, and so on., to auto-record the final 20 minutes of the gameplay at 60 FPS, stay broadcast your gameplay to YouTube or Twitch, toggle mic and digicam for recording, entry saved recordings, keyboard shortcuts, and extra.
So, this fast toolbar is kind of helpful. Therefore, many avid gamers like to allow or activate the in-game overlay. But those that don’t want it and wish to disable it will probably do that with some straightforward steps coated on this submit beneath.
How to disable GeForce Experience in-game overlay
The steps to disable GeForce Experience in-game overlay are as follows:
- Run the GeForce Experience utility
- Right-click on its system tray icon
- Select the NVIDIA GeForce Experience possibility to open its interface
- Sign in to your NVIDIA account in the event you aren’t already
- Click on the Settings icon (or the gear icon) within the high proper nook obtainable simply earlier than your profile icon
- In the GENERAL part, search for the IN-GAME OVERLAY possibility and switch it off.
Now the in-game overlay might be disabled fully.
In case you need to allow GeForce Experience in-game overlay later, you possibly can observe the above steps, and activate the IN-GAME OVERLAY button.
Related: Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience overlay not engaged on Windows PC
Turn on or off GeForce Experience in-game overlay utilizing a hotkey
This possibility doesn’t disable in-game overlay however is fairly helpful to toggle this characteristic on/off. All you may have to do is press the Alt+Z hotkey and the in-game overlay might be in entrance of you. And, urgent the identical hotkey will flip off the in-game overlay characteristic.
Change hotkey to activate or off GeForce Experience in-game overlay
In case the default hotkey (which is Alt+Z) is just not handy or the important thing mixture is already in use, then you too can change the hotkey to activate/off GeForce in-game overlay. For this, observe these steps:
- Run the GeForce Experience app
- Use its system tray icon (or taskbar icon) and open its context menu
- Click on the NVIDIA GeForce Experience possibility to open its predominant interface
- Click on the Share icon to open the in-game overlay
- Press the Settings icon. It is current on the appropriate aspect
- In the Settings pop-up, choose the Keyboard shortcuts possibility. Now you will notice pre-defined hotkeys for the Game filter, Capture, and different options
- Click on the textual content discipline obtainable for the Open/shut in-game overlay possibility
- Enter the brand new customized hotkey
- Use the Back possibility
- Close the in-game overlay.
The new hotkey might be prepared to activate or off the in-game overlay.
Disable in-game overlay notification
You should have seen that everytime you launch a recreation, you see a message Press Alt+Z to share your gameplay. It seems each time which could hassle or irritate you. It occurs as a result of the in-game overlay notification possibility is turned off. So, to eliminate this, you want to disable the in-game overlay notification characteristic. But, you’ll require the in-game overlay for this. Here are the steps:
- Launch the GeForce Experience utility
- On its interface, click on on the Share icon obtainable simply earlier than the Settings icon to open the in-game overlay. Or else, you too can open it utilizing the Alt+Z hotkey
- In the in-game overlay, click on on the Settings icon (or Preferences icon) and a pop-up will seem
- In that pop-up, scroll down and choose the Notifications menu
- Under the Notifications menu, flip off the Open/shut in-game overlay possibility.
When you want to activate or allow in-game overlay notification for some purpose, simply use the steps coated above and activate the identical Open/shut in-game overlay possibility.
Read: NVIDIA GeForce Experience unable to open Share
Disable the Instant Replay overlay icon
As you already know, the Instant Replay characteristic helps to file up to 20 minutes of your gameplay with excessive, low, customized high quality, decision, body fee, and so on. The characteristic is kind of good. But, when this characteristic is activated, its overlay icon or standing indicator seems on the bottom-right nook (default place) of your display screen within the gameplay. If you don’t need that, you possibly can merely disable the Instant Replay overlay icon or standing indicator from the display screen. The characteristic will proceed to work as it’s. These are the steps:
- Open the GeForce Experience in-game overlay utilizing the Alt+Z hotkey
- Click on the Settings icon or gear icon obtainable on the appropriate part
- In the Settings pop-up, choose the HUD format possibility
- Under the HUD format, choose the Status indicator tab
- In that tab, press the Off button.
Read: Unable to retrieve settings in NVIDIA GeForce Experience
Disable or flip off Instant Replay
In case you need to proceed utilizing the in-game overlay toolbar however simply want to disable or flip off the Instant Replay characteristic, in the intervening time, then it may be carried out utilizing the next steps:
- Press the Alt+Z hotkey to open the in-game overlay
- Select the Instant Replay possibility
- Use the Turn off button.
Alternatively, you too can use the default Alt+Shift+F10 hotkey to activate or off the Instant Replay characteristic.
That’s all! Hope that is useful.
Also learn: NVIDIA GeForce Experience, Something went unsuitable error on Windows 11/10
How do I flip off the in-game overlay?
If you need to flip off the in-game overlay of the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app, then you possibly can press the Alt+Z hotkey. On the opposite hand, if you would like to change the default hotkey or fully disable the in-game overplay, then it may be carried out utilizing Settings (overlay settings or preferences and predominant Settings of GeForce Experience). To make it simpler for you, we now have coated separate sections and all of the steps on this submit to flip off the in-game overlay, change the overlay hotkey, and disable the in-game overlay. Check them.
Should I flip off GeForce Experience overlay?
Simply put, in-game overlay enables you to rapidly entry and use the principle options (Record, Broadcast, Instant Replay, and so on.) of the GeForce Experience utility. And, in the event you use these options repeatedly, you then shouldn’t flip off the GeForce Experience overlay. On the opposite hand, in the event you face any compatibility points or every other downside (just like the gameplay is gradual, challenge whereas utilizing different apps in full-screen mode, and so on.) once you use this characteristic, then it will be good to hold the GeForce Experience overlay turned off.
Can I uninstall GeForce Experience?
Yes, after all, you possibly can uninstall the GeForce expertise simply. On your Windows 11/10 pc, use the Settings app, entry the Apps class, and search for the NVIDIA GeForce Experience within the put in apps and applications listing. Once you discover it, click on on the three dots icon and use the Uninstall possibility to take away GeForce Experience out of your pc. Once carried out, you must also take away leftover information after uninstalling the GeForce Experience utility.
Read subsequent: GeForce Experience can’t optimize Games on Windows PC.