WinZip is a well known utility that enables you to archive and compress information in order that they are often extra readily saved or shared. In addition to this, this system has quite a few instruments with extra makes use of. WinZip is a really helpful program, however you may not at all times require it to zip or unzip information in your laptop. Moreover, this system is paid, so you’ll need to subscribe even if you happen to simply need to full a minor work after the trial interval.
Aside from that, you’ll be able to have one other motive for wanting this system uninstalled out of your laptop: you don’t want it anymore. However, some Windows customers have bother eradicating this program from their system. So, in the next part, we’ll undergo totally different strategies you need to use to uninstall WinZip from Windows 11/10 computer systems.
Why can I not delete WinZip on my laptop?
WinZip might be nonetheless working in your laptop in case you are unable to delete it from Windows completely. As a end result, it’s best to exit this system from Task Manager. After that, uninstall the software program utilizing one of many strategies coated in this text.
How to completely uninstall WinZip in Windows 11/10
To completely uninstall WinZip out of your Windows 11/10 laptop you’ll be able to comply with any one in all these strategies:
- Use Control Panel
- Uninstall WinZip by means of the Program Files folder
- Using Windows Settings
- Uninstall WinZip by way of Registry Editor
- Use Bloatware Removal Tool
- Use a third-party uninstaller program
Now allow us to see them in element.
1] Use Control Panel to Uninstall WinZip
The Control Panel is a typical and easy methodology for uninstalling packages on a Windows laptop. With this feature, you’ll be able to uninstall WinZip on a Windows 11 or Windows 10 laptop by means of the next directions
- Press Windows + R to open the Run Command Box.
- Now, sort management panel into the run field and press Enter.
- This command will open Control Panel; click on on Programs and Features on the Control Panel window.
- Navigate to WinZip, right-click it and choose Uninstall.
- Select Yes in the subsequent window to verify the operation.
Now, all you’ve to do is wait until the app is totally uninstalled. However, in case you are not ready to use this method efficiently, you’ll be able to attempt the subsequent methodology.
Read: How to uninstall Programs not listed in Control Panel
2] Uninstall WinZip by means of the Program Files
Each software in your laptop are saved in a folder in File Explorer and these apps include their uninstaller information as effectively. These are the steps to use the Program Files method to uninstall WinZip out of your Windows 11/10 laptop:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run Command Box.
- Type C:Program FilesWinZipuninstall64.exe and press Enter.
- Select Yes on the ensuing Windows popup to kickstart the method.
Uninstall64.exe will also be run instantly to the WinZip Program File in File Explorer. You needs to be conscious that this system’s file path relies on the place your program information are saved in Windows File Explorer.
3] Using Windows Settings
You can even uninstall WinZip out of your laptop by going by means of Windows Settings. We’ll stroll you thru the straightforward and clear steps for utilizing this methodology under:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings in your laptop.
- Click on Apps and choose Apps & options.
- On the App listing, navigate to WinZip and faucet on the three-dot icon in entrance of it.
- Now, click on on Uninstall.
4] Uninstall WinZip by way of Registry Editor
Windows Registry, as a database that shops configuration settings on your Windows Operating System, will also be used to uninstall WinZip by making use of the Registry Editor. The following are the steps to make use of this methodology:
- Press Windows + R to open the run command field, sort regedit, and hit Enter.
- On the Windows Registry, navigate to the trail under:
- Programs in your PC can be proven below the Uninstall key, however some can be represented with a mixture of numbers and letters, so chances are you’ll not acknowledge WinZip. You should click on on every key to determine WinZip from the listing by checking the values on the best pane.
- After figuring out WinZip, left-click on it to present its particulars.
- Double-click UninstallString on the best pane and replica its worth which ought to appear like what we’ve under.
- Now, press Windows + R once more, paste the worth you copied in the run command field, and hit Enter.
All you’ve to do is comply with the prompts the command brings, and this system can be uninstalled out of your laptop in a short while.
5] Use the Bloatware Removal Tool
Windows pre-installed packages and third-party software program might be uninstalled out of your laptop with an open-source program referred to as Bloatware Removal Tool. In case the earlier strategies aren’t working, otherwise you merely can’t use them, Bloatware Removal Tool is another choice you’ve to uninstall WinZip in your laptop.
- Download Bloatware Removal Tool and extract the batch file.
- Right-click the Bloatware-Removal-Utility.bat file and choose Run as Administrator.
- Select Yes and wait a while for the utility to load up.
- Tick WinZip on this system listing and click on the Remove Selected menu.
- Press Y on the Powershell window to kickstart the method.
6] Use a third-party uninstaller program
Quite a lot of third-party functions are additionally obtainable and you need to use these free software program uninstallers to take away apps out of your laptop. WinZip could also be uninstalled with this software, which principally makes it easier to uninstall apps out of your laptop.
Among these uninstaller packages, a number of the advisable selections are Revo Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, and Wise Program Uninstaller.
Also learn: How to take away Leftover Files after Uninstall in Windows
Is WinZip preinstalled on Windows?
No, WinZip isn’t preinstalled on Windows computer systems. WinZip is a third-party instrument for compressing and archiving information and folders. If you discover the software program in your laptop, it was presumably put in with an software or by another person.