If you need to always open PowerPoint presentations in Outlook, Notes, or Slide Sorter mode, right here is how you are able to do that. As PowerPoint consists of an in-built choice, you don’t want to use third-party add-ins to allow these modes. This article explains the precise steps you want to comply with to set the default mode in PowerPoint.
What are Outline, Notes, and Slide Sorter modes in PowerPoint?
- Outline mode: Outline mode is a mode that helps you examine the title and the primary textual content of every slide in one place. If you’ve got a 20 or 30-page presentation however you should not have time to examine all of them, you’ll be able to learn the outlines to be taught extra concerning the presentation inside moments.
- Notes: While making a presentation or even a single slide, you’ll be able to add notes. For instance, you’ll be able to add a notice to let viewers know extra concerning the matter you included in your presentation. It is one thing just like the Comment characteristic in Word.
- Slide Sorter: Let’s assume that you’ve got an enormous presentation with 40 or 50 slides. If so, it might be troublesome to arrange all of them. That is why you need to use the Slide Sorter mode or view to see the thumbnails of all slides in one place in a horizontal view. Following that, you’ll be able to click on on a slide’s thumbnail and open or navigate to that particular slide immediately.
The downside is PowerPoint doesn’t show all these modes by default. That stated, you’ll be able to change the default mode and change to any of the above-mentioned views or modes with the assistance of this information.
How to always open PowerPoint presentations in Outline, Notes, or Slide Sorter mode
To always open PowerPoint presentations in Outline, Notes, or Slide Sorter mode, comply with these steps:
- Open PowerPoint in your pc.
- Click on the File menu.
- Select Options.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Head to the Display part.
- Open the Open all paperwork utilizing this view drop-down menu.
- Select Outline Only or Slide Sorter, or Notes choice.
- Click the OK button.
To be taught extra about these steps, proceed studying.
To get began, open PowerPoint in your pc and click on on the File menu. Then, click on the Options seen in the bottom-left nook. It opens the PowerPoint Options panel.
Next, you want to change to the Advanced tab and head to the Display part. Here yow will discover an choice known as Open all paperwork utilizing this view.
You want to open the menu and choose one choice amongst Outline Only, Slide Sorter, and Notes.
Finally, click on the OK button to save the change.
Read: How to create and begin a Custom Slide Show in PowerPoint
How do I modify the default slide settings in PowerPoint?
To change the default slide settings in PowerPoint, you could undergo the aforementioned steps. In different phrases, open File and go to Options. Then, change to the Advanced tab and discover the Open all paperwork utilizing this view choice. Expand the drop-down checklist and select a view as per your necessities.
How do I view PowerPoint in slide Sorter?
To view PowerPoint in Slide Sorter mode, you’ll be able to comply with this information as talked about above. First, open the PowerPoint Options panel in your pc and change to the Advanced tab. Then, increase the Open all paperwork utilizing this view checklist and select the Slide Sorter choice. Finally, click on the OK button to save the change.
Read: How to create PowerPoint slides from an Outline.