This tutorial explains how to always open Chrome and Firefox browsers in Incognito mode or Private window mode on a Windows 11/10 pc. All the fashionable browsers (Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and many others.) include the characteristic to begin Private looking utilizing a shortcut (like Ctrl+Shift+N or Ctrl+Shift+P), utility menu, or customise menu, and many others. But, if use Chrome and/or Firefox as your major browsers and you need to open your browser with the non-public window mode always, then the tips lined in this submit will come in helpful.
We have already seen how we are able to make Microsoft Edge always begin in the InPrivate window. Now let’s see how this may be executed for Chrome and Firefox browsers one after the other.
How to always open Chrome browser in Incognito mode
To make Chrome browser always open in the Incognito mode, you should use the 2 native options of
Windows 11/10. After that, the regular window mode is disabled utterly. Neither the hotkeys nor the out there choices will work to open an everyday window or tabs. Thus, it is possible for you to to open solely Incognito home windows and tabs. You also can undo the modifications to begin utilizing the traditional mode when wanted. These two choices are:
- Using Group Policy Editor
- Using Registry Editor.
You ought to create a system restore level earlier than utilizing these choices as you would possibly want it later.
1] Using Group Policy Editor
The steps to open Google Chrome always in Incognito mode utilizing Group Policy Editor in Windows 11/10 are lined beneath. But, earlier than utilizing this feature, you should combine Chrome browser with Group Policy so to have all of the settings. Once it’s executed, comply with these steps:
- Type gpedit in the Search field
- Hit the Enter key to open the Group Policy Editor window
- Access the Google Chrome folder in that window. The path is:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > Google > Google Chrome
- Now you will notice varied settings. Scroll down and double-click on the Incognito mode availability setting to edit it. This opens a brand new window
- Use the Enabled choice in that window
- Open the drop-down menu for the Incognito mode availability choice current on the left-middle part
- Select the Incognito mode compelled choice. As the title signifies, it forces the customers to launch Chrome solely with Incognito mode and not regular window mode
- Press the Apply button
- Press the OK button
- Relaunch the Chrome browser whether it is opened.
Now the New window choice in Chrome browser might be greyed out. Also, the hotkeys to open a brand new window and new tab gained’t work.
In case you need to undo the modifications you made, comply with the steps lined above, and entry the Incognito mode availability setting. Select the Not Configured choice for that setting, and use the Apply button and OK button.
2] Using Registry Editor
Follow these steps to power Chrome browser always open in Incognito mode utilizing Windows 11/10 Registry Editor:
- Close the Chrome browser if opened
- Type regedit in the Search field
- Press Enter to open the Registry Editor window
- Select the Policies Registry key utilizing the given path:
- Right-click on the Policies Registry key, entry the New menu, and choose the Key choice. This will create a brand new Registry key. Rename that key to Google key
- Create one other Registry key underneath the Google key. Rename that key to Chrome. You have to create these two Registry keys so to add the required worth or setting wanted for power enabling the incognito mode
- Now create a DWORD (32-bit) Value underneath the Chrome key and title it IncognitoModeAvailability. This is the worth wanted to set the provision for Incognito mode
- Double-click on that DWORD worth to edit it. A small field will pop-up
- Add 2 in the Value knowledge field to power the incognito mode and disable the traditional mode utterly
- Press the OK button.
Later, if you need to use the traditional window mode once more in Chrome browser, use the steps talked about above, and entry the Google Registry key that you simply created. Right-click on that key and use the Delete choice. In the Confirm Key Delete field, press the Yes button.
Related: Create a shortcut to open the Google Chrome browser in Incognito mode
The tips lined above work fairly properly however can be found for Windows 11/10 solely. If you need to always begin Google Chrome in Incognito mode in your Android telephone, then use this easy trick. Press and maintain the Google Chrome app icon in your telephone. A menu will pop up. Press and maintain on to the New incognito tab choice in that menu, drag it to the Home display screen, and drop it there. An Incognito Tab shortcut might be positioned there. Use that shortcut to open Google Chrome with incognito/non-public mode by default. This trick works for Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and different browser apps additionally.
How to Always use Private looking mode in Firefox browser
The Private looking mode in Firefox is strictly the identical because the Incognito mode in Chrome. You are in a position to use the browser with out saving any looking historical past, obtain historical past, cookies, and many others. The solely distinction is we name it Incognito mode in Google Chrome and Private mode in Firefox browser. You can make Firefox browser always use non-public looking mode utilizing two completely different choices. These choices don’t disable the traditional window mode, however your Firefox browser begins and works in the non-public mode solely and you too can use the traditional window and tabs if wanted. The choices are:
- Using the Firefox settings
- Using the Advanced Preferences.
Let’s verify these two choices.
1] Using the Firefox Settings
Follow these steps to always begin the Firefox browser in non-public mode utilizing its Settings:
- Open the Firefox browser
- Open the utility menu utilizing the hamburger icon (three horizontal bars) out there in the highest proper nook of the browser
- Click on the Settings choice
- In Firefox Settings, entry the Privacy & Security part
- Use the drop-down menu out there for the History part and choose Use customized settings for historical past choice
- Select the Always use non-public looking mode choice. This will disable the Remember search and type historical past, Remember looking and obtain historical past, and different choices
- A Restart Firefox field will pop-up
- Press the Restart Firefox now button in that field.
Now when you’ll launch the Firefox browser, that purple masks (for indicating the incognito mode) gained’t seen to you even in case you are looking in non-public mode, however this gained’t save any looking historical past, types, and many others.
To restore or restart the traditional looking mode in the Firefox browser once more, comply with the above steps and uncheck the Always use non-public looking mode choice. Restart the browser and it is going to be executed.
2] Using the Advanced Preferences
Advanced Preferences of Firefox will also be used to allow the Always use non-public looking mode characteristic. Here are the steps:
- Launch the Firefox browser
about:configin the tackle bar
- Hit the Enter key
- Click on Accept the Risk and Continue button to entry the Advanced Preferences
- Search for
- Double-click on that setting to set it to true. This will allow the Always use non-public looking mode choice current in Firefox Settings
- Restart the Firefox browser.
In case you need to use the traditional looking mode in Firefox as soon as once more, simply double-click the identical
browser.privatebrowsing.autostart setting to set it to false and then restart the browser.
Other than these two hidden tips, you too can create a desktop shortcut to open the Firefox browser in non-public looking mode.
That’s all! Hope this helps.