While attempting to put in a recreation in your Windows PC by way of the Xbox app, you might face the error message “This location isn’t set up for installing games“. The Xbox app is the gateway for people to play console games on their computers and is used exceedingly by users. Although there are no concrete reasons for this error, it is generally faced when a user downloads several games in a row. Other times, people have reported this error caused by Gaming Services. If you are also facing this issue with your Xbox app, here are the solutions you can implement to fix it.
Fix This location isn’t set up for installing games error in Xbox App
Gaming Services are related to the Game Core updates and facilitate the Windows Store in healthily installing larger game files via the Microsoft Store. A plausible reason behind experiencing this error is that you have not set up a default storage location for their game files to be downloaded. An elementary check all users should run before implementing any of the forthcoming solutions is running the game as administrator. Provided that does not fix the error, you should check out the fixes mentioned below:
- Ensure that the Game Dependencies are downloaded
- Select a storage drive for downloaded apps
- Run the game in compatibility mode
- Update Gaming Services
- Download the game from Microsoft Store
1] Ensure that the Game Dependencies are downloaded
Game Dependencies are the necessary apps that you need to have installed on your computer for any games to work. Thus, you should check if the download of any dependencies is left pending and install if so is the case:
- Open the Xbox app and visit the Settings
- Click on the General and right at the top of this window will be a notification asking you to download the Gaming Dependencies required for the installed games to work
Here, click on the install button, wait till the process is complete and when it is done, check if the issue has been fixed or not.
2] Select a storage drive for downloaded apps
If you are facing the, it may be because you have not set up a storage drive for the new apps you download.
- Open Windows Settings with the “Win+I” key mixture
- Click on the System tab and additional choose Storage
- Under Storage Management, click on on the Advanced storage settings drop-down
- Select the “Where new content is saved” choice
Here, one can find an choice to pick the drive the place the brand new apps are saved. Choose the drive of your liking and examine in the event you proceed to face this difficulty.
3] Run the sport in compatibility mode
Running the sport’s app in compatibility mode has additionally confirmed to be of assist in the difficulty below dialogue right here. Here is how you are able to do that:
- Right-click on the sport’s setup file and click on on Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Now, click on on “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and choose Operating System from the drop-down
After this, wait for the sport file to put in and see if the error persists.
4] Update Gaming Services
Your Gaming Services will also be at fault for this Xbox recreation set up error. You ought to examine if there’s a brand new model pending for replace for Gaming Services, and set up that replace.
- Search for the Microsoft Store from the Search Pane and open it
- Click on the Library choice on the bottom-left and below Updates & Downloads, examine if there are any pending updates for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app
If an replace is obtainable, set up it and examine if the error continues to exist post-installation.
5] Download the sport from Microsoft Store
Lastly, if not one of the aforementioned options are of any assist, it’s best to attempt downloading and installing the sport file via the Microsoft Store as an alternative of the official web site or another third-party supply.
- Open Microsoft Store
- Search the sport you need to obtain in the search bar
- Click on Get and wait until the app is downloaded
We hope that you just discover this useful.
How do I modify the set up location on the Xbox retailer?
If you aren’t proud of the set up location of your Xbox games and need to change, you are able to do so simply. Open the Xbox app and click on in your profile icon. Select Settings > General. Here, below the “Game Install” choices, you’ll discover a setting to alter the default set up folder.
Read: Xbox Cant set up bought Games
How do I repair the Xbox app set up error?
If you’re having points installing games from the Xbox app, there are a number of really helpful troubleshooting measures which you could give a shot. Some major options to set up errors on Xbox are restarting the machine, updating the Windows PC, guaranteeing that the Xbox app and retailer are signed in with the identical account, and reinstalling the problematic recreation.