Microsoft Powerpoint is undoubtedly among the best presentation maker functions for Windows. However, like some other app, it additionally has its personal errors and points that hold troubling customers. Several Powerpoint customers have reported being unable to export their displays to a video format. Either they expertise an error message or the presentation simply received’t export to video with none message.
To export a presentation as a video in Microsoft Powerpoint, you’ll be able to click on on the File menu after which select the Export possibility. After that, you’ll be able to click on on the Create a Video possibility after which select output video format (MP4, WMV) and configurations to export the presentation as a video. However, while doing so, a number of customers reported going through points and errors they usually can’t save PPT as a video.
There will be completely different the explanation why you’ll be able to’t export a Powerpoint presentation to a video. Here are the potential causes:
- It will be brought on on account of media compatibility points.
- The export course of may fail or end abruptly if there are giant media recordsdata in your presentation.
- There is perhaps some background functions which might be inflicting interference with Powerpoint’s export activity.
- Some problematic add-ins that you’ve got put in in Powerpoint is perhaps inflicting the problem at hand.
- Another purpose for this situation might be an outdated Microsoft Powerpoint model.
- In case there’s some corrupted knowledge related to Powerpoint, you may face this situation.
Now, in case you are additionally one of many affected customers who’s going through the identical situation, this publish will curiosity you. In this publish, we’ll present you completely different working fixes that you should utilize to do away with errors while exporting displays to movies in Powerpoint.
Fix PowerPoint Error while exporting video
If you’re experiencing errors while exporting displays as movies in Microsoft PowerPoint, you should utilize the under fixes:
- Optimize Media Compatibility.
- Compress media recordsdata’ measurement.
- Terminate background functions.
- Disable or take away your Add-ins.
- Update to the most recent Office model.
- Repair Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Use a third-party Powerpoint to Video converter device.
1] Optimize Media Compatibility
You are prone to expertise errors while exporting a presentation to a video in Powerpoint if there’s some media content material that’s incompatible. Hence, if the situation is relevant, you’ll be able to optimize the compatibility of all of your media recordsdata in your Powerpoint presentation after which export it to a video. Here are the steps to try this:
- First, launch Powerpoint and open the presentation with which you’re experiencing the problem at hand.
- Now, go to the File menu and click on on the Info possibility.
- Next, press the Optimize Compatibility button to optimize the compatibility of the media recordsdata of your presentation.
- Once executed, strive exporting your presentation to video and see if the error is gone now.
2] Compress media recordsdata’ measurement
The downside at hand is perhaps brought on on account of giant measurement of media recordsdata utilized in your presentation. Hence, you’ll be able to strive compressing the media recordsdata current in your presentation after which export your PPT to video. See if the error continues or is fastened.
Here are the steps to compress media measurement in Microsoft Powerpoint:
- First, begin Powerpoint after which open your presentation.
- After that, click on on the File menu and select the Info possibility.
- Next, press the Compress Media button below the Multimedia part.
- After that, specify the standard of your movies and begin the compression course of.
- When executed, see if you’ll be able to export your presentation to a video format.
Do word that within the compression course of, embedded subtitles and alternate audio tracks are gone.
See: Audio and Video don’t play in Microsoft PowerPoint.
3] Terminate background functions
It is sort of attainable that one or a few of your background packages are inflicting interference with the export device of Powerpoint. And thus, you retain getting an error while exporting Powerpoint displays to movies. So, if the situation is relevant, disable your background functions and take a look at analyzing which app is inflicting interference. You can use the Windows Task Manager app to finish background apps. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to launch Task Manager after which use the End activity button to terminate a program.
In case you’re unable to research the interfering program or service, strive restarting your PC in a clear boot state and see if the error is resolved. It will begin your laptop with a minimal set of drivers and providers. If the issue is gone, you’ll be able to strive enabling providers one after the other and examine which is inflicting the battle. Once you get that, disable the problematic program or uninstall it.
4] Disable or take away your Add-ins
You can set up exterior add-ins in Powerpoint to reinforce its function set However, there are some problematic add-ins that really trigger points with the functioning of the appliance. The error while exporting a presentation to a video is perhaps a results of one such add-in you have got put in in Microsoft Powerpoint.
To decide whether or not the problem at hand is brought on by a Powerpoint add-in, launch Powerpoint in protected mode. Open the Run command field utilizing Win+R after which enter “powerpnt /safe” in it to start out Powerpoint. You can now examine should you can export your PPT, PPTX, and different Powerpoint recordsdata to a video or not.
If Powerpoint works wonderful in protected mode, you’ll be able to make certain that the issue is brought on due to a defective add-in. Hence, you’ll be able to strive disabling your add-ins or eradicating them to resolve the problem completely. Here are the steps to try this:
- Firstly, open Powerpoint after which click on on the File menu.
- After that, choose Options after which transfer to the Add-ins tab within the opened window.
- Now, find the Manage possibility current in the direction of the underside of the tab and click on on the Go button.
- After that, within the opened dialog, deselect the add-ins you wish to disable.
- If you wish to uninstall sure add-ins, choose them after which press the Remove button.
- Once executed disabling or uninstalling Powerpoint add-ins, retry exporting your presentation to a video.
Hopefully, you received’t expertise any errors now. However, should you do, there are another working options that you should utilize.
Read: Fix PowerPoint can’t open one of these file.
5] Update to the most recent Office model
Make positive you have got up to date to the most recent model of Microsoft Office. If you haven’t, you’re prone to expertise errors and points with apps like Microsoft Powerpoint. With new updates, minor bugs and points are addressed and resolved. So, if this error is brought on on account of some bug, updating Office would repair it. You can replace Microsoft Office manually after which open Powerpoint to examine if you’ll be able to export your displays to movies.
6] Repair Microsoft Powerpoint
The errors while exporting Powerpoint displays to video format might be triggered on account of corruption within the app. Hence, if the situation is relevant, that you must restore your Microsoft Powerpoint app to repair the error at hand. You can use the under steps to take action:
- Firstly, open Settings utilizing Win+I and go to the Apps tab.
- Now, click on on the Installed apps possibility from the right-side pane.
- After that, scroll all the way down to the Microsoft Office app you’re utilizing and faucet on the three-dot menu button current subsequent to it.
- Next, click on on the Modify possibility and select the Repair possibility within the opened window.
- Once executed, restart Powerpoint and see if the issue is fastened or not.
See: Fix PowerPoint discovered an issue with content material.
7] Use a third-party Powerpoint to Video converter device
If the issue nonetheless continues, you should utilize an alternate Powerpoint presentation to video converter device. Save your presentation as a PPT or PPTX file after which convert it to a video utilizing a third-party device. There are loads of free ones accessible on the web. You can use this free and easy-to-use software program known as PowerDVDPoint Lite. It helps you to convert your PowerPoint displays to loads of video codecs together with MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, and many others. It additionally helps iPad, iPhone, Pocket PC, and different device-friendly codecs to create a device-compatible presentation video. Plus, you’ll be able to batch convert your a number of displays to movies directly. So, it’s a good choice to convert PPTs to movies.
Why is PowerPoint not letting me embed a video?
If you’re unable to insert a video file into your Powerpoint displays, it is perhaps the case that your video file is lacking or moved from the given path. Also, the video file is perhaps corrupted which is why you’ll be able to’t add it to your Powerpoint presentation. Besides that, there will be different causes behind this downside together with unsupported video codec, the video file format being incompatible, corruption in Powerpoint, and many others.
How to transform PPSX to MP4?
You can convert a PPSX, a Microsoft PowerPoint Slide Show file, to an MP4 video file with Microsoft Powerpoint. It supplies a File > Export > Create a video possibility utilizing which you’ll be able to export PPSX to MP4. Apart from that, there are free on-line instruments like Online-Convert.com and Converter365.com that will let you simply convert a PPSX file to MP4 format.
Now learn: Copy Paste not working in Microsoft PowerPoint.