Windows has given totally different choices to enroll to your pc corresponding to password, PIN, and many others. The PIN is a a lot faster choice to signal into your system than a password that’s why plenty of customers desire this feature. Some Windows customers, when making an attempt to arrange a PIN or altering it, obtain the 0x801c044f error. In this submit, we’re going to discuss this and see how one can resolve PIN error 0x801c044f.
Something went fallacious
We weren’t in a position to arrange your PIN. Sometimes, it helps to strive once more or you’ll be able to skip for now or do it later.
Error Code: 0x801c044f
Fix Windows Hello Error 0x801c044f when creating PIN
This error 0x801c044f largely happens when there’s a drawback in safety settings. This problem can be precipitated due to glitches. You can even encounter the mentioned error on account of corruption within the NGC folder. Whatever the case is, when you encounter error 0x801c044f when creating a PIN, observe the prescribed options to resolve the difficulty.
- Switch User Accounts
- Remove Work/School after which set a PIN
- Delete the NGC Folder
- Use the I Forgot My PIN Option
- Modify Group Policy
- Use the System Restore Utility
Let us discuss them intimately.
1] Switch User Accounts
In order to beat the issue you have to check in to a Local User Account after which swap to a Microsoft account. When you implement this technique, it can ask you to arrange the PIN.
Let’s use this concept to resolve your problem.
- Press the Windows button after which click on on the setting button
- There is an account choice within the left panel, click on on it.
- Click on Your Info choice
- Click on Sign in with a neighborhood account as an alternative
- Click on subsequent and enter a PIN
- Restart and check in to the system with a neighborhood account
- When you’ve logged into the native account
- Again go to the Accounts click on on Your Info, and choose Sign in with a Microsoft account as an alternative.
- Now, the system will ask you to enter the credentials, as soon as verified, you have to arrange a PIN and observe the on-screen instruction to finish this course of.
Hopefully, after utilizing this resolution mentioned the error will probably be resolved.
2] Remove Work/School account after which set a PIN
Sometimes, on account of some insurance policies configured by the Work or School account, Windows refuses to set a PIN. In that case, you have to take away that account, set a PIN, after which add the account again. To take away your Work or School account, observe the steps talked about under.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Accounts > Access work or faculty.
- Click on your faculty account after which click on on Disconnect.
Once you’ve signed out of your Work or School account, reboot the system after which add a PIN. Once you’ve efficiently added the PIN, add the account we eliminated earlier. Hopefully, it will do the trick for you.
3] Delete the NGC Folder
It has been seen that this drawback could happen on account of corruption within the NGC folder on your pc. In this example, to resolve this problem, delete the NGC folder. After deleting the NGC folder, the earlier data associated to customers like fingerprint and PIN will probably be deleted. Now, you’ll be able to configure the recent PIN. To delete the NGC folder, first, you have to give enough permission to the consumer, observe the prescribed steps to do the identical.
- Go to the next handle in File Explorer.
- After getting into the Microsoft folder, right-click on the NGC folder and choose Properties
- Click on the Security tab after which click on on the Advance tab
- In Advanced Security Setting for NGC home windows, click on on the change choice subsequent to Owner
- Type Everyone after which click on on Check Names.
- Click Apply > Ok.
After you bought permission to delete the NGC folder, go to the next handle in File Explorer, and delete all of the content material contained in the NGC folder.
You can now add the brand new PIN. After configuring a brand new PIN, reboot and take a look at logging into the Windows system utilizing your PIN. Hopefully, this trick will give you the results you want.
4] Use the I Forgot My PIN Option
The state of affairs can even come when you wish to change the present PIN and you aren’t ready to try this. Suppose you click on on the ‘Change PIN’ choice to alter the PIN however you aren’t in a position to proceed past that choice then you’ll be able to resolve your problem through the use of the ‘Forgot my PIN’ choice and this may be a good suggestion to resolve this problem
Let’s use this prescribed resolution to resolve the mentioned error.
- Press the Windows key and click on on the setting choice
- On the left aspect of the display, click on on the Accounts choice.
- Select Sign-in choices and broaden the PIN part.
- Hit on I forgot my PIN and click on on Continue.
- Enter your Microsoft account data and observe the on-screen directions.
Hopefully, your drawback will probably be resolved after utilizing this technique.
Also Read: Fix PIN Error 0x80280013 on Windows
5] Modify Group Policy
The Group Policy Editor is a Windows software that lets you configure settings and retailer details about the Windows program and processes within the type of group insurance policies. you’ll be able to modify these insurance policies in response to your requirement. It is feasible that you’re restricted from setting. If you’ve administrative rights then you’ll be able to modify these settings to resolve your problem.
Let’s edit Group Policy to resolve this Windows PIN error.
- Press Windows + R key to open the Run dialog field
- Write gpedit.msc and press enter button
- In this window, go to the next location
Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesSystemLogon
- Hit on Turn on comfort PIN sign-in and choose Enable.
- Click on Apply and press OK to avoid wasting the modifications.
After finishing these processes, attempt to arrange a PIN once more and examine your problem will probably be solved.
6] Use system restore level
In order to resolve this problem you have to use a restore level (if in case you have created one) as a result of it might probably deliver your system to the identical situation because it was earlier than. However, this can even take away any modification you’ve made to your system recently, that’s the reason, if the above options are usually not working for you then use the prescribed resolution, and restore your system.
- Press Windows + R to open the run dialog field
- Write rstrui and press enter to open System Restore.
- Select Choose a unique restore level and click on on Next.
- Select Show extra restore factors.
- Select a restore level created on an earlier date and click on on the Next button.
- Click on the Finish button and Windows will robotically restart the older state will probably be restored on the subsequent startup
Hopefully, the mentioned error will probably be resolved after utilizing this technique.
Read: Error 0xd000a002, We weren’t in a position to set your PIN.
How do you bypass Create PIN?
If you don’t wish to set a PIN or are unable to set it, you’ll be able to skip the choice and use a password as an alternative. You may even disable the Windows Hello immediate utilizing Registry Editor or Group Policy Editor.
Read: PIN vs Password in Windows – Which gives higher safety?