If Cyberpunk 2077 keeps crashing or flatlining on your Windows 11/10 PC, this publish will assist you to resolve the problem. Cyberpunk 2077 is an motion role-playing online game by CD Projekt Red. Millions of gaming fans love enjoying it. However, many customers have reported going through a number of efficiency points within the recreation. For some customers, the sport keeps crashing on startup or in the course of gameplay. At the identical time, many affected customers mentioned that the sport will get frozen within the center and turns into unplayable.
There might be a number of explanation why Cyberpunk 2077 keeps crashing or freezing. So, earlier than discussing fixes, allow us to perceive the eventualities which may set off the problems at hand.
Why does Cyberpunk 2077 hold crashing or flatlining?
- The Cyberpunk 2077 recreation may crash in case your Windows and graphics drivers aren’t up to date.
- Another purpose for a similar might be that your recreation recordsdata are corrupted. It is widespread for recreation recordsdata to get corrupted over time.
- If a number of applications are operating on your PC, it’ll overload your system assets and trigger your recreation to crash or freeze.
- The in-game overlay can even trigger efficiency points in Cyberpunk 2077.
- If you will have overclocked on your system, you may expertise recreation crashes.
Cyberpunk 2077 keeps Crashing or Flatlining on PC
Before attempting these fixes, test the really helpful system necessities for Cyberpunk 2077 and see in case your PC meets them or not. You could must improve your PC if it doesn’t fulfill the system necessities.
- Update your Windows.
- Ensure that your graphics driver is up-to-date.
- Verify the integrity of the sport recordsdata of Cyberpunk 2077.
- Terminate pointless background applications.
- Turn off the in-game overlay.
- Disable overclocking.
- Modify in-game settings.
- Uninstall after which reinstall Cyberpunk 2077.
Woah! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined
1] Update your Windows
The very first thing you must do is make sure that your OS is up-to-date and that you’re utilizing the most recent construct of Windows. Having an outdated model of Windows put in on your system could cause stability and efficiency points together with your video games and functions. Hence, replace Windows to its newest model and see if the issue is resolved.
To replace your Windows OS, you should use the next steps:
- Firstly, press Win+I to open your Settings app.
- Now, go to the Windows Update tab and press the Check for updates button.
- Next, let it scan for accessible updates, and as soon as performed, obtain and set up pending Windows updates.
- The system might be rebooted; now you can attempt enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 and see if it nonetheless crashes or freezes or not.
You can transfer on to the following potential repair to resolve the problem.
Read: How to repair GOG Galaxy Launcher Out of disk area error on Windows PC?
2] Ensure that your graphics driver is up-to-date
Along with Windows, you additionally want to make sure that your graphics driver is up-to-date. A graphics/ show driver is essential for attaining the best efficiency out of your video video games on a PC. If your graphics driver is outdated or corrupted, you’ll expertise efficiency points in video games like crashes, freezing, and so forth. Hence, if the state of affairs is relevant, you may repair the issue by updating your graphics driver.
You can replace your graphics driver utilizing the beneath steps:
- Firstly, launch your Settings app utilizing Windows + I shortcut key.
- Now, transfer to the Windows Update tab and click on on the Advanced choices > Optional Updates possibility.
- Next, obtain and set up the pending driver updates.
- Once performed, reboot your PC and open Cyberpunk 2077 to test if the problems are resolved.
There are different methods to replace your graphics driver. You can go to the official web site of producers like Intel, NVIDIA, or AMD, and obtain and set up the most recent model of your graphics driver.
One of the best strategies to replace show drivers is utilizing a free third-party driver replace software program. There are free software program like Winzip Driver Installer, IObit Driver Booster Free, and so forth. that may routinely replace your outdated drivers.
If updating the motive force doesn’t assist, it is perhaps the case that the motive force set up is corrupted. So uninstalling and reinstalling the Graphics drivers may assist you to.
See: Slime Rancher 2 keeps crashing or freezing on PC.
3] Verify the integrity of the sport recordsdata of Cyberpunk 2077
In many instances, corrupted and damaged recreation recordsdata trigger efficiency points in your video games, like crashing, freezing, and extra. If your system and graphics drivers are up-to-date, there are probabilities that you’re coping with the contaminated or broken recreation recordsdata which are inflicting Cyberpunk 2077 to crash or freeze.
Hence, if the state of affairs is relevant, you may confirm the integrity of the sport recordsdata of Cyberpunk 2077 and see if the issue is mounted. Here, we are going to point out strategies to confirm and restore recreation recordsdata on recreation launchers, together with Steam, GOG Galaxy, and Epic Games Launcher. You can use the steps primarily based on the sport launcher you utilize for Cyberpunk 2077.
- First, begin your Steam app, go to its LIBRARY, and out of your put in video games, find and right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 recreation title.
- Now, press the Properties possibility from the appeared context menu.
- Next, within the Properties window, transfer to the LOCAL FILES tab and faucet on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
- Steam will begin verifying your recreation recordsdata and restore all of the contaminated and broken recreation recordsdata. It may take a few minutes, so be affected person and let the method full efficiently.
- Once performed, relaunch Cyberpunk 2077 and see if the issue is resolved or not.
- First of all, open GOG Galaxy, and out of your Library, select the Cyberpunk 2077 recreation.
- Now, you will notice a Settings icon accessible subsequent to the Play button; click on on it.
- From the appeared menu choices, click on on the Manage set up > Verify / Repair possibility.
- After that, look forward to the sport launcher till it finishes verifying and fixing your recreation recordsdata.
- When performed, reopen the sport and see if it nonetheless crashes/ freezes or not.
Epic Games Launcher:
- Firstly, open the Epic Games Launcher, and from the left pane, transfer its Library tab.
- Now, choose the Cyberpunk 2077 recreation tile and press the three dots menu button current subsequent to it.
- After that, from the accessible choices, select the Verify possibility.
- It will begin operating a recreation recordsdata verification test and restore the damaged recordsdata.
- Once the method is completed, you may relaunch the sport and see if the issue is mounted.
If your recreation recordsdata are clear and nonetheless Cyberpunk 2077 keeps on crashing or freezing, you may transfer on to the following potential repair.
Read: Bloodhunt crashing, stuttering, or lagging on PC.
4] Terminate pointless background applications
Your CPU and different system assets is perhaps overloaded with too many background applications. As a end result, Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t carry out properly and keeps on crashing or freezing. If the state of affairs applies to you, shut all of the pointless functions which are operating within the background to alleviate your assets. This may also assist system useful resource to focus on the sport and its efficiency.
To terminate background functions, click on Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open your Task Manager and click on on a program from the Processes tab. After that, click on on the End process button to shut it. Repeat the method for all different applications that you simply wish to terminate. Once performed, attempt enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 and test whether or not the crashing and freezing points are resolved or not.
See: Wolcen Lords of Mayhem crashes and never launching on Windows PC.
5] Turn off the in-game overlay
Many customers have reported that disabling in-game overlays helps enhance gaming efficiency and repair crashes and different points. So, you probably have overlay apps operating within the background, attempt closing them and see if the problem is mounted.
You can use the next steps to disable the in-game overlay function on Steam:
- First, begin your Steam app and click on on the Steam > Settings possibility from the highest menubar.
- Now, transfer to the In-Game tab from the left-side pane.
- Next, untick the choice referred to as Enable Steam Overlay whereas in-game.
Here are the steps to disable the overlay on Discord:
- Firstly, open your Discord app and press the User Settings (gear icon) button from the underside of its GUI.
- Now, click on on the Game Overlay possibility that you could find underneath the ACTIVITY SETTINGS part.
- Next, flip off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
You can even flip off Xbox Game Bar and disable different overlay apps operating on your PC. If the issue remains to be the identical, transfer on to the following potential resolution.
6] Disable overclocking
If you will have enabled overclocking on your system, it would trigger efficiency points together with your video games. Overclocking is a useful perform however it might probably additionally trigger stability points together with your apps and video games. Hence, it is strongly recommended to cease overclocking after which attempt enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. See if it resolves the problems or not.
In case this state of affairs doesn’t apply to you, use the following potential repair.
7] Modify in-game settings
Sometimes, protecting greater in-game graphics settings can result in crashes and freezing points in your video games. This occurs as a result of your system can’t deal with such configurations and that causes your recreation to crash or freeze. Hence, you may attempt adjusting and decreasing your in-game graphics settings and see if the issue is resolved. Here’s how you are able to do that:
- First, open Cyberpunk 2077 and press the Settings menu possibility.
- Now, go to the Video tab and disable VSync.
- After that, transfer to the Graphics tab and select both the Low or Medium possibility for the configurations current underneath the Advanced part.
- Also, disable the Ray Tracing possibility.
- Once performed, go to Cyberpunk 2077 and see if there’s an enchancment in its efficiency or not.
If you continue to face the identical points, we’ve got another repair for you.
Read: Generation Zero not launching, freezing, or crashing at startup on PC.
8] Uninstall after which reinstall Cyberpunk 2077
The final resort to resolve the problem is to reinstall the Cyberpunk 2077 recreation. It is perhaps the case the sport set up has gone corrupted which is why it isn’t performing as meant. Hence, reinstall the sport to see if the issue is resolved. For that, it is advisable to uninstall the sport after which clear all of the remaining leftover recreation recordsdata out of your PC to fully take away it. After that, set up the sport through your recreation launcher and take a look at enjoying the sport. Hopefully, the sport received’t crash or freeze now.
Read: The greatest Cyberpunk 2077 mods it is advisable to take a look at.
Cyberpunk 2077s Recommended Specifications:
- OS: Windows 10/11 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
- RAM: 12GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, a GTX 1660 Super, or AMD Radeon RX 590
- VRAM: 6GB
- Direct X: Version 12
- Available Storage Space: 70GB SSD
- GFX Setting Game Can Be Played On: High
Why is my recreation instantly crashing?
The sudden crashes in video games might be brought about as a result of your outdated system or graphics drivers. Other than that, it can be brought about as a result of broken recreation recordsdata, enabled in-game overlay, and better in-game graphics settings.