If you need to divide members into smaller teams throughout conferences then it’s essential use the Breakout rooms function of Microsoft groups. This function is beneficial for organizing individuals into smaller teams for a specific challenge or a category into smaller teams. However, some customers reported that the Breakout Ioom is not working in Teams conferences and so they need a fast treatment. In this text, we’re going to learn to resolve this problem.
Before going to the troubleshooting information it is very important know a number of issues. You gained’t be capable of see or configure Breakout rooms if you’re not a meeting organizer or breakout room supervisor. In case, the meeting is canceled or the thread the place the channel is configured is deleted, you gained’t be capable of begin the Breakout room. Last, Breakout rooms gained’t work for Private or shared channels, unsupported shoppers, and on methods with insurance policies configured to forbid the utilization of Breakout rooms.
If the Breakout room is not working in Teams conferences then it’s doable that you will have configured a number of the settings that may intrude with breakout room settings. However, it’s not the one purpose, there are numerous causes, therefore, numerous options. Therefore, now we have talked about under a number of the potential causes and its resolution.
Fix Breakout Room not working in Teams meeting
- Update the Microsoft Teams app
- Check the Internet connection
- Clear MS Teams cache
- Change MS Teams settings to public.
- Reinstall the app
Let’s get began with our first resolution.
1] Update the Microsoft Teams app
If customers need to be a part of the breakout room and are unable to hitch then just be sure you are utilizing the up to date Teams app. It has been seen that an outdated model of the app might trigger this problem as there’s a excessive likelihood that the individual on the opposite finish has an up to date model, and this will set off compatibility points. To replace the app, observe the prescribed steps.
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- Click in your Profile Picture.
- Click on Settings.
- Now, click on on About Teams.
- It will verify for updates and immediate you to replace it.
Hopefully, after updating the Microsoft Teams app problem might be resolved.
2] Check the Internet connection
Breakout rooms require extra bandwidth than common chat rooms. If you might be encountering the mentioned error whereas utilizing this app then to resolve this problem just be sure you have a great web pace and secure Internet connection. Therefore it’s essential to verify the bandwidth and to do the identical, you should use any of the free on-line Internet Speed testers. If it’s sluggish, you need to restart your router, and see if the difficulty is resolved or not, nonetheless, if it persists, contact your ISP.
3] Clear MS Teams cache
The error in query may be because of the app’s corrupted cache, in this situation, then we suggest you clear your workforce’s cache. Problems with Teams’ Breakout room function and glitches might be mounted by deleting the Microsoft Teams cache. Follow the prescribed steps to do the identical.
- Quit Microsoft Teams altogether. To do the identical, open Task Manager, right-click on Microsoft Teams, and choose End Task
- Double-click on This PC and go to %appdata%MicrosoftTeams.
- Now, delete all of the information inside the next folders however ensure that to not delete the folders:
- %appdata%Microsoft teamsapplication cachecache
- %appdata%Microsoft teamsblob_storage
- %appdata%Microsoft teamsCache
- appdata%Microsoft teamsdatabases
- appdata%Microsoft teamsGPUcache
- appdata%Microsoft groupsIndexedDB
- appdata%Microsoft teamsLocal Storage
- appdata%Microsoft teamstmp
- Restart Teams and verify if the difficulty is resolved.
Now, open MS Teams after deleting the Microsoft groups cache and verify in case your problem persists or not.
4] Change MS Teams settings to Public
You might encounter the mentioned error if MS Teams is configured to Private, as that solely permits customers who’re a part of your group to hitch the meeting. However, since, we’re creating Breakout rooms, it’s obligatory to begin meeting in Public Mode. That is why, if you’re launching a meeting and need to create Breakout rooms, ensure that to begin it in Public Mode.
5] Reinstall the app
If not one of the above-mentioned options labored for you, uninstalling the app after which putting in it once more is the final resolution. Follow the prescribed steps to reinstall the app
- Press Windows + I key to open Settings.
- Click on Apps then click on on Installed apps.
- Locate the Microsoft Teams app and click on on the three-dot line.
- Select Uninstall.
- You might be prompted to verify your actions, click on on Uninstall once more.
- Go to teams.microsoft.com and obtain the app.
- Run the obtain bundle and set up the app.
Now, launch Teams and hopefully it will do the job.
You also needs to know that in case you scheduled recurring conferences and need the breakout rooms to work, ensure that to use the settings to all conferences in recurrence. It is not doable to configure a single meeting in the recurrent.
Hopefully, now we have cleared all of your doubts relating to Breakout rooms in MS Teams.
Also Read: Microsoft Teams can not change Team image.