This submit will speak about completely different steps you possibly can take if AutoPlay is not working on Windows 11/10. Windows AutoPlay is among the beneficial options in the Windows OS. For occasion, everytime you play a music CD for the primary time, the AutoPlay characteristic asks you which of them media participant you need to use if a number of such purposes are put in in your system. But many customers have reported that AutoPlay is not working on their Windows PC. Worry not in case you are additionally combating the identical drawback. Try the options talked about beneath to repair the problem.
AutoPlay not working on Windows 11/10
Here is a listing of all of the efficient options to strive if AutoPlay is not working in your Windows 11/10 pc:
- Enable the AutoPlay characteristic once more
- Change Shell Hardware Detection service
- Enable AutoPlay notification
- Change AutoPlay settings
- Change Local Group Policy
- Reset the AutoPlay settings
AutoPlay dialog field not exhibiting?
1] Enable the AutoPlay characteristic once more
There generally is a short-term glitch in why the AutoPlay characteristic is not working in your Windows PC. In this case, you possibly can re-enable the characteristic to resolve the issue. Here are the steps you have to observe to take action.
- Open the Settings menu in your system.
- Click on the Bluetooth & gadgets possibility current on the left panel of the display.
- Select AutoPlay.
- Disable the choice, and restart your PC.
- Come to the situation once more and allow the choice.
Check if it makes any distinction. If not, strive the following resolution.
2] Change Shell Hardware Detection service
AutoPlay will not work in your Windows PC if the Shell Hardware Detection service is disabled. So, manually allow the service and verify if it solves the issue. You can achieve this by following the beneath steps.
- Open the Run dialogue field by urgent Windows + R shortcut key.
- Type providers.msc and press the enter key. It will open the Windows Services.
- Scroll down the checklist and find Shell Hardware Detection.
- Right-click on the service and select the Properties possibility.
- Click on the drop-down icon subsequent to Startup kind and select Automatic from the context menu.
- Click on Start current beneath Services standing.
- Tap on Apply > OK.
Check if the issue is fastened or not.
See: How to Limit Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge browser
3] Enable AutoPlay notification
The talked about drawback will happen if AutoPlay is disabled beneath Windows notification settings. You should allow AutoPlay notification to resolve the issue. Here’s the way it’s accomplished.
- Open Settings > System.
- Locate and open Notifications.
- Enable the toggle current subsequent to AutoPlay.
That’s it. Check in case you are nonetheless going through the issue or not.
4] Change AutoPlay settings
Misconfigured AutoPlay settings can be a major purpose behind the issue in the query. You should change the settings to resolve the issue. Here’s how.
- Open Settings > Bluetooth & gadgets.
- Select AutoPlay from the checklist of choices.
- Under Choose AutoPlay defaults, change the worth to Ask me each time.
- Do the identical to all of the gadgets put in in your system.
Now, plug in the gadget and verify if the AutoPlay characteristic is working.
See: How to disable or cease Video Autoplay in Microsoft Edge
5] Change Local Group Policy
You can use the Local Group Policy to resolve the issue as effectively. Misconfigured coverage settings will disable AutoPlay on further sorts of drivers. Here are the modifications you have to make in the editor to resolve the issue.
- To start with, open the Run dialogue field in your system.
- In the house offered, kind gpedit.msc and press the enter key.
- Now, navigate to Local Group Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > AutoPlay Policies.
- Right-click on Turn off AutoPlay, and select Edit from the context menu.
- In the next window, choose the Disabled possibility.
- Click on Apply > OK.
Restart your system and verify if the issue is solved or not.
Read: How to stop AutoPlay from remembering User Choice
6] Reset the AutoPlay settings
If not one of the above options have been useful, the very last thing you possibly can strive is to reset the AutoPlay settings. To achieve this, observe the beneath steps.
- Open the search bar, kind Control Panel, and press the enter key.
- Change View by to Small icons.
- Choose AutoPlay.
- In the next window, click on on Reset all defaults.
- Click on Save and exit the display.
Restart your system, and you will notice that you’re not going through the issue.
How do I disable AutoPlay in Windows 11?
It’s very straightforward to disable AutoPlay in Windows 11. Go to Settings > Bluetooth & gadgets > AutoPlay. Disable the toggle that claims use AutoPlay for all media and gadgets. You may even use Control Panel to do the identical. For extra data, try our devoted information on easy methods to allow or disable AutoPlay in Windows 11/10.
How do you reset AutoPlay?
You can reset AutoPlay utilizing the management panel of your Windows PC. Here are the precise steps you have to observe – Open the Control Panel in your system > Change View by to Small/Large icons > Select AutoPlay. Click on Resel all defaults possibility current on the backside of the display.
Read Next: Enable, Configure and set AutoPlay defaults in Windows 11/10.